Gluten-Free Ricotta Cake is easy to make. It’s soft, fluffy, and delicious!! The blueberry sauce pairs perfectly with the ricotta cheese.Jump to Recipe
About this recipe
This Gluten-Free Ricotta Cake is a hit. It’s super easy to make and delicious!! It only takes a few ingredients!
The soft and fluffy cake matches perfectly with the blueberry sauce. It’s made with almond flour and it’s super moist!
This cake pairs very well with many different toppings. You can make the cake in advance and end it up at the moment with some fresh fruit or whatever you prefer. It also freezes very well.
- Main flour: we need almond flour, I used store-bought almond flour and corn starch.
- Sugar: white granulated sugar.
- Ricotta: whole milk ricotta cheese for the best flavor.
- Eggs: room temperature eggs are better.
- Vanilla extract: add flavor.
- Baking powder: leaving agent.
- Salt: enhance flavors.
- Blueberries: I used fresh blueberries, but you can also use frozen blueberries.
How to make gluten-free ricotta cake
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Lightly grease a 9´´ diameter cake pan.
Whisk almond flour, corn starch, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
Beat the eggs, ricotta, cream cheese, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl until smooth; fold into dry ingredients just until blended.
Bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown, and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool before removing.
Serve the cake with blueberry sauce.
For the blueberry sauce:
Here is the link for the blueberry sauce recipe https://almondyes.com/blueberry-sauce/
This cake pairs very well with many toppings. You can make the cake in advance and end it up at the moment with the topping you prefer.
Possible topping ideas:
- Fresh fruits: you can use seasonal fresh fruit. I like strawberries, raspberries, plums, or peaches.
- Fruit sauce or compote: you can choose the fruit you prefer most and make a sauce or compote. My favorites are plums, strawberries, passion fruit…
Store the cake cover in the refrigerator for up to 3/5 days, or you can freeze it in an air-tight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months. It’s better if you are going to freeze it, remove the blueberry sauce.
For more recipes with blueberries
Ricotta Cake (Gluten-Free)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup corn starch
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup ricotta (200gr)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 9'' diameter cake pan.
- Whisk almond flour, corn starch, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs, ricotta, cream cheese, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl until smooth; fold into dry ingredients just until blended.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool before removing.
- Serve the cake with blueberry sauce.