NO BAKE Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls are VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE, and super easy to make! Perfect to freeze for future cravings.Jump to Recipe
About this recipe
These vegan and gluten-free balls are super easy to make! They take only 6 ingredients and NO-BAKE. They also freeze very well!
Made with almond flour and cocoa powder, they have just the right sweetness, with a hint of coconut flavor and full of peanut butter flavor, mixed with the chocolate intensity it’s a hit.
You can also make white chocolate peanut butter balls if you replace the dark chocolate cover. For more small bites ideas I leave the link for this easy and delicious brigadeiro recipe.
- Almond flour: store-bought almond flour but you can use homemade almond flour.
- Cocoa Powder: unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Peanut Butter: processed peanut butter is preferred. I like using non-natural creamy peanut butter in this recipe, it is thicker and less oily.
- Shredded coconut: optional. Gives texture to the filling of the balls.
- Vegetable Milk: like soy or almond milk. These balls take almond flour.
- Chocolate: vegan dark chocolate, you can also use white chocolate. Try to use the best chocolate you can afford.
How to make chocolate peanut butter balls
Whisk almond flour, cocoa powder, and shredded coconut in a medium bowl.
Add the peanut butter and vegetable milk.
Mix with the hands and make balls. If necessary, you can add more milk to the mixture.
Another way to do it is by processing all the ingredients.
Place the balls in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, or in the microwave, for periods of 30 seconds.
Cover the balls with melted chocolate.
Place them in the freezer again until the chocolate is hard.
- Chocolate: you can make white chocolate peanut butter balls. Covered the balls with vegan white chocolate instead of dark chocolate.
- Milk: you can use regular milk if you are not interested in the recipe being vegan.
- Almond flour: you can replace the almond flour with another dried fruit, like walnuts.
- Peanut butter: can be substituted with dulce de leche.
Store the balls in the refrigerator for about 5 days. You can also freeze them in an air-tight container or freezer bag for about 3 months.
I like to make plenty of balls to freeze for when I have a craving for something sweet.
For more related recipes
- Easy chocolate cookies (Vegan + GF)
- Chocolate muffins (Vegan + GF)
- Chocolate crinkle cookies.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls (Vegan + GF)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp almond or soy milk
- 100 gr dark chocolate (about 1 cup)
- Whisk almond flour, cocoa powder, and shredded coconut in a medium bowl.
- Add the peanut butter and vegetable milk.
- Mix with the hands and make the balls. If necessary, you can add more milk to the mixture.
- Another way to do it is by processing all the ingredients.
- Place the balls in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, or in the microwave, for periods of 30 seconds.
- Cover the balls with melted chocolate.
- Place them in the freezer again until the chocolate is hard.