Super Orange Flan (Gluten free)
Smooth and creamy this flan with orange and condensed milk is amazing!! It’s very soft, with a hint of orange… you will want to eat more than one!!Jump to Recipe
About this recipe
This is one of my favorite flan recipes. The orange and condensed milk flan is very soft and tasty. It’s very smooth and with a hint of orange flavor that gives the dessert an amazing freshness.
You can prepare it in individual flan molds or in a large one. You can also cook them in jars and keep them in the fridge for when you have a craving.
You can serve it with whipped cream, or if you love sweets like me, you can serve it with dulce de leche and whipped cream.
- Eggs: room temperature eggs are better.
- Milk: I use whole milk for the best flavor and consistency.
- Sugar: granulated sugar.
- Cream: heavy cream.
- Condensed Milk: sweetened condensed milk
- Orange: we need the zest of an orange.
How to make orange flan
Preheat the oven to 320°.
In a small saucepan make a caramel with sugar and water. Pour the caramel into the flan molds.
In a medium bowl mix the eggs with the sugar. Set aside.
In a saucepan heat the milk together with the condensed milk, cream, and orange zest.
Pour the mixture over the egg mixture. Mixed until combine the ingredients.
Sift and pour into the flan molds with caramel.
Cook in a double boiler for 30/40 minutes, or until firm on the top, covered with aluminum foil.
To unmold, put a little hot water in a bowl and submerge 3/4 parts of the mold for 15 seconds. Run a knife, carefully, around the edge of each flan, and invert it onto a plate.
Served with whipped cream.
Store the flan cover in the fridge for up to 4 days. Freezing is not recommended.
- 1 liter milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1 can condensed milk (395gr)
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (60gr)
- Orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 320°.
- In a small saucepan make a caramel with sugar and water. Pour the caramel into the flan molds.
- In a medium bowl mix the eggs with the sugar. Set aside.
- In a saucepan heat the milk together with the condensed milk, cream, and orange zest.
- Pour the mixture over the eggs mixed with sugar. Mixed until combine the ingredients.
- Sift and pour into the flan molds with caramel.
- Cook in a double boiler for 30/40 minutes, covered with aluminum foil.